Suspect arrested for April swastika and pentagon graffiti

A 19-year-old man was arrested in Mountain View on Wednesday, June 24, in connection with the spray painting of swastikas and other graffiti on two student residences at Stanford earlier this year.

Lucas Joseph Ninow, who is not a Stanford student, is facing one count of felony vandalism, one count of misdemeanor vandalism and one count of a misdemeanor hate crime.  Ninow was booked into the Santa Clara County Main Jail at 1:20 p.m. Wednesday and was arraigned on Thursday.

The graffiti, including gold spray-painted swastikas and pentagrams, was discovered April 26 on and around several student residences on the row, including Casa Italiana, BOB and the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity house.

“This level of incivility has no place at Stanford,” President John Hennessy wrote in a statement condemning the vandalism shortly after it was discovered.

“I ask everyone in the university community to stand together against intolerance and hate, and to affirm our commitment to a campus community where discourse is civil, where we value differences, and where every individual is respected,” he added.

Ninow is being held in the county jail in lieu of a $45,000 bond and is scheduled to enter a plea on June 30.

Contact Andrew Choi at andrewyoonchoi ‘at’ gmail.com.

• ADP

Please, it’s not an “SAE Swastika” (SAE did not paint it !!) SAE house was the VICTIM of the spray painting vandalism, not the perpetrator as conveyed by your sensationalistic headline. Retract this framing now that perp is in custody.
    ADP, Stanford Daily 1978
    SAE, HumBio 1979

• WhiteRabbit

“Anti-racists” say
    The killing of a non-white is a tragedy
    and the killing of a MILLION whites is a statistic.
    “Anti-racists” don’t care how many whites get mugged, raped or murdered.
    They only care about how many whites are left.
    “Anti-racists” say they must inflict Diversity on us whites to end racism.
    We all know a “Diverse community” is a formerly White community
    Diversity means Chasing Down The Last White Person.
    It’s Genocide.
    “Anti-racist” is a codeword for anti-white.

• M Patrick O’Donnghaile

45K bond for writing stuff on the wall? There’s a guy in San Francisco who shot a bunch of sea lions & an innocent woman, after being deported 5 times. Why isn’t anyone in California concerned about THAT?

Graffiti can be cleaned off. Can we resurrect dead individuals?