Record 81.1 percent yield rate reported for Class of 2019

Montag Hall, undergraduate admissions office
The Class of 2019 had a yield rate of 81.1 percent, the highest in Stanford history (KEVIN HSU / The Stanford Daily).

The Office of Undergraduate Admission reports that 81.1 percent of admitted undergraduates enrolled as students in the Class of 2019, up from 78.2 percent last year. The yield rate is the highest in Stanford history.

According to Colleen Lim M.A. ’80, director of undergraduate admission, 1,737 students confirmed enrollment out of 2,142 admitted students.

Lim said that official class statistics will be announced in the fall. The exact numbers are subject to slight changes over the course of the summer as students withdraw or defer admission. Last year, the Office of Undergraduate Admission reported a yield rate of 78.9 percent in the spring, but the rate dropped to 78.2 percent by the beginning of fall quarter.

Earlier this year, the unexpectedly high yield for the Class of 2019 prompted the re-opening of the Draw and additional housing options for upperclassmen.

This year’s record yield rate coincides with a 5.05 percent admissions rate, the lowest in Stanford’s history.

Contact Victor Xu at vxu ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Victor Xu '17 is an editor and graphics designer. An economics major, he hails from Carmel, IN. He is interested in international development and Kanye West. To contact Victor, email him at vxu ‘at’ stanford.edu.