Police Blotter: May 17 – 25

This report covers a selection of incidents from May 17 to May 25 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Sunday, May 17

• An unknown suspect stole an individual’s keys after she accidentally left them in the exterior lock of her office door in the Landau Economics Building sometime between 5:20 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.

Wednesday, May 20

• An individual’s reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from a bike rack in front of Lathrop Library sometime between 12:20 p.m. and 12:50 p.m.

Thursday, May 21

• An individual’s unlocked bike was stolen from the stairwell lobby of his Sterling Quad residence sometime between 12:30 a.m. and 11 a.m.
  • An individual’s reportedly cable-locked bike was stolen from a bike rack outside of the Beckman Center sometime between 1:30 p.m. and 2 p.m.
  •  An anonymous user posted on Yik Yak that they wanted to kill themselves at 8:30 p.m.

Friday, May 22

• The driver of a vehicle attempted to evade SUDPS deputies after they attempted to conduct a traffic stop near Lomita Dr. and Roth Way at 2:20 a.m.
  • An abandoned golf cart was found near Bowdoin St. and the Cowell Cluster at 9:15 p.m.
  • An individual was cited and released for being in possession of a controlled substance near Oak Road and Stock Farm Road at 10:30 p.m.
  • Two individuals were cited and released for being minors in possession of alcohol near Theta Delta Chi between 11:50 p.m. and 11:55 p.m.
  •  An individual was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol at 11:55 p.m. near Grove House.

Saturday, May 23

• An individual was arrested for public intoxication at 12:54 a.m. near Hurlburt House and transported to the San Jose Main Jail.
  • An individual’s reportedly cable-locked bike was stolen from the North side of Wilbur Hall sometime between 10:40 a.m. and 12:40 p.m.
  • An individual was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol near Theta Delta Chi at 11:45 p.m.

Sunday, May 24

• An individual was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol near Campus Drive East and Mayfield Ave. at 12:05 a.m.
  • An individual was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol near Theta Delta Chi at 12:30 a.m.
  •  An unknown suspect stole an individual’s iPhone off a table at Hurlburt House and fled in an unknown direction sometime between 12:30 a.m. and 12:45 a.m.

Monday, May 25

• An individual was cited and released for being in possession of a false drivers’ license near Florence Moore Hall at 4:10 a.m.

According to the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin, one alcohol transport was reported for the nine-day period between May 17 and May 25.

Contact Sam Premutico at samprem ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Sam Premutico ’18 is a staff writer covering University and local news. A freshman from Brooklyn, New York, Sam has a wide range of academic interests, including biology and philosophy. When not in class or writing for The Daily, Sam enjoys solving crossword puzzles and playing for the Stanford Men’s Squash team. To contact Sam, email him at samprem ‘at’ stanford.edu.