Stanford Hospital employee arrested for molestation charges

Former Stanford Hospital employee Robert Lastinger was arrested yesterday after he was accused of molesting sedated patients.  Lastinger, 55, was an operating technician at Stanford Hospital’s Outpatient Surgery Center in Redwood City.  He has been at the facility for five years and has worked in the medical field for over 20 years.

Allegations surfaced after several employees reported witnessing Lastinger inappropriately touching multiple male patients who were recuperating under anesthesia.

These instances occurred both on March 15 and April 2.  Since then, Lastinger has been on administrative leave.

Lastinger is facing four felony counts of sexual battery.  The investigation is ongoing.

Contact Sophie Stuber at sstuber8 ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Sophie Stuber is a senior from Aspen, Colorado, studying International Relations, French and Creative Writing. Sophie has written for the Daily since freshman year . This year, she spends a significant portion of her time working on her thesis, which is about designing an international legal framework to aid people forcibly displaced due to climate change. Aside from academics, Sophie loves reading, writing short stories, listening to NPR, and adventuring outside. Any of her friends will tell you that she loves to talk about the mountains, skiing, Atlantic articles, and Rebecca Solnit essays.