Affirming our commitment to community

At Stanford, there is no place for hate, intimidation or violence against any individual or group of people in our community. When any group is singled out and targeted by a hate crime, it impacts and harms the entire university community. Let us all, together, remain vigilant against prejudices of any kind, both subtle and blatant. There have been many important discussions on campus about local, national and international justice issues this academic year. We also understand that the past few months have tested the strength and bonds of our community.We encourage students who wish to speak to someone to use the campus resources available to support them, including:
*     Residential Education: 650-725-2800
*     Graduate Life Office: 650-736-7078
*     Office for Religious Life: 650-723-1762
*     CAPS: 650-723-3785
*     The Bridge Peer Counseling Center: 650-723-3392

Stanford is everyone’s “home” away from home. We join with all members of this community in listening to one another and working together to make Stanford the kind of place where every person and voice feels valued. And we are always open to hearing your ideas about creating spaces for open discussion and building community, so please do not hesitate to contact any of us.

Sincerely,
Greg Boardman
Vice Provost for Student Affairs
Harry Elam
Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education
Patricia Gumport
Vice Provost for Graduate Education
Jane Shaw
Dean for Religious Life