Police Blotter: March 2 – March 8

This report covers a selection of incidents from March 2 to March 8 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Monday, March 2

• An individual’s bike was stolen from a Sloan Math Center bike rack sometime between 9:20 p.m. and 11 p.m. The individual was unsure if the bike was locked or not.

Tuesday, March 3

• An individual was cited and released for being in possession of a controlled substance and paraphernalia near Page Mill Road and I-280 at 1:50 a.m.

Wednesday, March 4

• An unknown suspect or suspects entered a victim’s Escondido Village III residence through an open window sometime between 9:30 p.m. Tuesday and 1:30 a.m. Wednesday, stealing two laptop computers.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects entered a victim’s Escondido Village II apartment through an unlocked sliding-glass door sometime between 10:30 p.m. Tuesday and 7 a.m. Wednesday. The victim’s wallet, camera and unopened Amazon packages were stolen.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects smashed the window of a victim’s vehicle located in Parking Structure 6, stealing a laptop case. The incident occurred sometime between 9 p.m. Tuesday and 4 p.m. Wednesday.

Thursday, March 5

• A civil dispute occurred near the Bambi Modular at 1:30 p.m.

Friday, March 6

• A campus security authority (CSA) informed SUDPS that a female University employee reported that she was forcibly fondled by a male coworker sometime in October of 2014. The incident occurred in the 600 block of Escondido Road.
  • A campus security authority (CSA) informed SUDPS that a female student reported that she was coerced into performing a sexual act on a male student sometime in early 2014. The suspect was known to the victim, and the incident occurred in the 400 block of Arguello Way.
  • A campus security authority (CSA) informed SUDPS that a female student reported that she was sexually assaulted while incapacitated by a male student sometime in early 2014. The suspect was known to the victim, and the incident occurred in the 500 block of Mayfield Avenue.
  • A campus security authority (CSA) informed SUDPS that a female student reported that she was sexually assaulted during the 2012-2013 school year by a male student who was known to the victim. The location of the incident was not specified.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects cut out and stole letters and logos from the heavy vinyl panels on the backstop of the Sunken Diamond Baseball Stadium sometime between midnight and 7 a.m.

Saturday, March 7

• A victim’s vehicle was stolen from Parking Structure 6 sometime between 4:30 p.m. Sunday, March 1 and 6:00 p.m. Saturday, March 7.
  • An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for public intoxication at 2:10 a.m. near Palm Drive and Arboretum Road.
  • Four individuals were cited and released for being minors in possession of alcohol near Nathan Abbot Way and one for being in possession of a controlled substance sometime between 11 p.m. and 11:25 p.m.

Sunday, March 8

• An unknown suspect or suspects knocked over a large terra cotta plant-holder in Wilbur Dining sometime between 3 a.m. and 5:30 a.m.
  • An individual’s reportedly cable-locked bike was stolen from a Zambrano Hall bike rack sometime between 12 p.m. and 4:45 p.m.

According to the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin, one alcohol transport was reported for the seven-day period between March 2 and 8.

Contact Sam Premutico at samprem ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Sam Premutico ’18 is a staff writer covering University and local news. A freshman from Brooklyn, New York, Sam has a wide range of academic interests, including biology and philosophy. When not in class or writing for The Daily, Sam enjoys solving crossword puzzles and playing for the Stanford Men’s Squash team. To contact Sam, email him at samprem ‘at’ stanford.edu.