Police Blotter: Jan. 20 – Jan. 25

This report covers a selection of incidents from Jan. 20 to Jan. 25 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Tuesday, Jan. 20

• An unknown suspect or suspects stole an unattended laptop from from a third floor conference in Sweet Hall sometime between 4 p.m. Friday, Jan. 16 and noon on Tuesday, Jan. 20.
  • A verbal altercation occurred between an individual and a Marguerite Shuttle bus driver near Olmsted Road and Hulme Court at 9 p.m.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects broke into a victim’s locked vehicle in the Stock Farm South parking lot, stealing the stereo system and currency sometime between 8:45 a.m. and 5 p.m.

Wednesday, Jan. 21

• An individual’s reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from a Rains Complex bike rack sometime between 5 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 13 and 9 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 21.
  • An unknown suspect spray painted multiple walls of The Old Chemistry Building sometime between 6 p.m. Tuesday and 7:30 a.m. Wednesday, causing approximately $300 in damage.

Thursday, Jan. 22

• An individual’s front bike tire and wheel were stolen from his reportedly locked bike near Munger Building One sometime between 9 p.m. Wednesday and 8:30 a.m. Thursday.
  • An individual was arrested for public intoxication near Lomita Mall and transported to San Jose Main Jail sometime between 6:30 a.m. and 6:35 a.m.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects stole a golf cart from the charging station behind Stern Hall sometime between 6 p.m. Wednesday, and 7:50 a.m. Thursday.

Friday, Jan. 23

• An individual’s reportedly unlocked bike was stolen from the bike rack area outside Stern Hall sometime between 11 a.m. Tuesday and 4:40 p.m. Friday.

Saturday, Jan. 24

• An unknown suspect or suspects stole two unattended skateboards from the sidewalk near Mayfield Avenue and Dolores Street sometime between 11 a.m. and 11:15 a.m.
  • An individual was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol near Mayfield Avenue and Lagunita Drive at 11:25 a.m.
  • An individual was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol near Lomita Drive at 9:55 p.m.
  • Four individuals were cited and released for being minors in possession of alcohol between 11 p.m. and 11:40 p.m. near Bowdoin Lane and Arguello Way.

Sunday, Jan. 25

• An unknown suspect or suspects stole a Stanford Athletics golf cart from outside the Stanford Stadium sometime between 2 p.m. Thursday and 12 p.m. Sunday.
  • According to the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin, three alcohol transports were reported for the six-day period between Jan. 20 and Jan. 25.

Contact Sam Premutico at samprem ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Sam Premutico ’18 is a staff writer covering University and local news. A freshman from Brooklyn, New York, Sam has a wide range of academic interests, including biology and philosophy. When not in class or writing for The Daily, Sam enjoys solving crossword puzzles and playing for the Stanford Men’s Squash team. To contact Sam, email him at samprem ‘at’ stanford.edu.