Senate discusses implementation of new funding reform

In a straightforward meeting, the 16th Undergraduate Senate met for the first time in 2015 on Tuesday night, making plans to implement the new funding system.

After the student body voted overwhelmingly to pass the proposal in December’s special election, the Senate will spend winter quarter setting up the new system and informing student group Financial Officers of the technical changes.

The Senate also passed a resolution in support of Tobacco Free Stanford’s initiative to ban smoking on campus.

The meeting was also the first for the new Chair Ana Ordonez ’17 and Deputy Chair Rachel Samuels ’17, who replaced Ben Holston ’15 and Victoria Kalumbi ’15, respectively after both Senators went abroad for winter quarter.

“I think Ana and Rachel had a great first meeting. I look forward to seeing their progress as Chair and Deputy Chair, although I do miss Ben,” Senator Amartya Das ’17 said.

Contact Andrew Vogeley at [email protected].

Andrew Vogeley ‘17 served as President and Editor-in-Chief of Volume 249. He is a senior majoring in political science and hails from the great state of Texas (and he’ll be sure to let you know it). Outside of The Daily, Andrew is President of RUF, a Christian fellowship group. To contact Andrew, email him at avogeley ‘at’ stanford.edu