Police Blotter: Nov. 19 – Dec. 2

Dec. 4, 2014, 10:42 a.m.

This report covers a selection of incidents from Nov 19. to December 2. as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Wednesday, Nov. 19

• An Axe Committee prank in White Plaza was reported to SUDPS deputies at 6 p.m.
  • An unknown suspect entered two separate Terra House dormitory rooms without permission. The suspect fled and entered a vehicle upon confrontation sometime between 6:47 p.m. and 6:55 p.m.

Thursday, Nov. 20

• A victim was sent $4,042.22 worth of fraudulent checks in the mail and asked to cash them.
  • An unknown suspect spray painted “Advertisement Here” on the School of Education’s north wall sometime between 5:00 p.m. Thursday and 7 a.m. Friday, causing $300 in damage.

Friday, Nov. 21

• An individual was arrested and transported to San Jose Main Jail for public intoxication at 1 a.m. near Olmsted Road and Yale Street
  • A verbal altercation occurred between two parties near the Environment & Energy Building at 1 p.m.

Saturday, Nov. 22

• An individual was arrested and transported to San Jose Main Jail for public intoxication at 5:30 a.m. near Campus Drive and Lomita Drive.
  • An individual was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol at 9:40 a.m. near Mayfield Avenue and Lomita Drive.

Sunday, Nov. 23

• No incidents were reported.

Monday, Nov. 24

• A victim’s unlocked bike was stolen from outside Rinconada House sometime between 11 p.m. Monday and noon Tuesday.

Tuesday, Nov. 25

• No incidents were reported.

Wednesday, Nov. 26

• The Santa Clara County Sheriff’s office requested assistance from the SUDPS EOD K-9 unit for a bomb threat at West Valley College at 12:30 p.m., which was cleared without incident.

Thursday, Nov. 27

• A victim’s reportedly cable-locked bike was stolen from Kimball Hall sometime between 12:20 a.m. and 7:10 a.m.
  • Students protested peacefully and quietly inside the Arrillaga Dining Commons between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m.

Friday, Nov. 28

• An individual was arrested and transported to San Jose Main Jail for driving under the influence at 2:23 a.m. near Embarcadero Road and El Camino Real.
  • An individual was arrested and transported to San Jose Main Jail for public intoxication at 3:18 a.m. near El Camino Real and Sam McDonald Road.
  • When walking through Masters Grove, a victim was bitten by a suspect’s pitbull at 3:40 p.m. The suspect, whose other dog was unleashed, then fled the scene.

Saturday, Nov. 29

• A victim’s reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from a McFarland Court bike rack sometime between 5 p.m. Saturday and 1:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Sunday, Nov. 30

• An unknown suspect entered a victim’s unlocked Rains Complex apartment at 5:15 a.m. The suspect fled after the victim called out.

Monday, Dec. 1

• A commercial airliner was painted with a green laser believed to have originated from the Stanford University campus at 7:24 p.m.

Tuesday, Dec. 2

• Food that was left on a stove caught fire, causing heavy damage to an Escondido Village I apartment sometime between 2:20 p.m. and 2:31 p.m.

According to the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin, 4 alcohol transports were reported for the -day period between Nov. 19 and Dec. 2.

Contact Sam Premutico at samprem ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Sam Premutico ’18 is a staff writer covering University and local news. A freshman from Brooklyn, New York, Sam has a wide range of academic interests, including biology and philosophy. When not in class or writing for The Daily, Sam enjoys solving crossword puzzles and playing for the Stanford Men’s Squash team. To contact Sam, email him at samprem ‘at’ stanford.edu.