Stanford announces Kenneth Olivier as new Board of Trustees member

Kenneth E. Olivier ’74 is the newest member of the Stanford Board of Trustees. Olivier will begin his five-year term on Dec. 1, 2015, according to a Stanford Report article.

Currently, Olivier is also a member of the board of directors of the Stanford Management Company and the advisory boards of the Freeman Spogli Institute for International Studies and the Stanford Institute of Economic Policy Research. Outside of Stanford, Olivier is the chairman emeritus of Dodge & Cox, an American mutual fund company that provides investment management services.

The Board of Trustees is in charge of managing Stanford’s endowment and allocating University funds. The board is also in charge of electing the University president.

Steven A. Denning, chair of the Board of Trustees, in an interview with the Stanford Report, said that he is confident in Olivier’s abilities to contribute to the board.

“I have had the opportunity to work with him on the Stanford Management Company board in recent years and have seen his deep devotion and commitment to Stanford,” Denning said. “His extensive experience in finance and management will benefit the board and Stanford today and in the years ahead. Ken and his wife, Angela Nomellini, have long been dedicated friends of the university.”

Contact Sam Reamer at sreamer ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Sam Reamer '18 is a staff writer covering University and local news. He is from Santa Monica, California. To contact Sam, email him at sreamer ‘at’ stanford.edu.