This report covers a selection of incidents from Oct. 27 to Nov 4. as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.
Monday, Oct. 27
- An unlocked four-seater electric golf cart was stolen from the Gilbert Biological Sciences building’s loading dock area sometime between 6 p.m. Monday and 7 a.m. Tuesday.
Tuesday, Oct. 28
- A suspect attempted to defraud a victim by claiming to be an IRS collection agent and stating that the victim would be arrested if he did not pay. The incident occurred at a Lyman Graduate residence some time between 3:08 and 4:33 p.m.
- A victim’s reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from in front of The Stanford Daily building sometime between 7:30 p.m. and 1 a.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 29
- No incidents were reported.
Thursday, Oct. 30
- A victim’s unlocked bike was stolen from outside Tresidder Memorial Union sometime between 12:45 and 1:45 p.m.
- A victim’s reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from outside the Haas Center sometime between noon Thursday and 11:50 a.m. Monday.
Friday, Oct. 31
- An individual’s reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from the bike racks in front of Rinconada House sometime between 11:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- An unknown suspect or suspects smashed the rear passenger window of a victim’s vehicle with an unknown tool sometime between 1:10 and 2:05 p.m.. The incident occurred near Stanford Ave. and Junipero Serra Blvd., and the victim’s wallet, checkbook, credit card and gift cards were stolen.
- After verbally arguing near Tresidder Memorial Union, a suspect struck a victim’s face, leaving a slight contusion at 8 p.m.
- An individual was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol (MIP) at 11 p.m. near Escondido Rd. and Galvez Mall.
- An individual was reported missing around 11 p.m. and found early Saturday morning. There was no indication the individual was ever in danger.
Saturday, Nov. 1
- A Munger Graduate Residence party turned off the music after a noise complaint was filed at 2 a.m.
Sunday, Nov. 2
- An individual was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol (MIP) near the Sigma Nu fraternity at 1:10 a.m.
Monday, Nov. 3
- A fire extinguisher was used to put out a “duraflame”-type log after it was found burning on a Parking Structure 5 concrete deck at 7:50 a.m.
- A victim discovered that his two laptop computers were stolen after an unknown suspect was seen earlier exiting the victim’s Crothers Hall dorm room with a red backpack sometime between 6:14 and 6:30 p.m.
- A commercial airliner was painted with a green laser originating from somewhere along the border of Stanford University and Palo Alto at 7:27 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 4
- A victim’s unlocked bike was stolen from outside the School of Medicine sometime between 8:30 and 9 a.m.
According to the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin, four alcohol transports were reported for the nine-day period between Oct. 27 and Nov. 4.
Contact Sam Premutico at samprem ‘at’ stanford.edu.