Police Blotter: Oct. 27 – Nov. 4

This report covers a selection of incidents from Oct. 27 to Nov 4. as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Monday, Oct. 27

• An unlocked four-seater electric golf cart was stolen from the Gilbert Biological Sciences building’s loading dock area sometime between 6 p.m. Monday and 7 a.m. Tuesday.

Tuesday, Oct. 28

• A suspect attempted to defraud a victim by claiming to be an IRS collection agent and stating that the victim would be arrested if he did not pay. The incident occurred at a Lyman Graduate residence some time between 3:08 and 4:33 p.m.
  • A victim’s reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from in front of The Stanford Daily building sometime between 7:30 p.m. and 1 a.m.

Wednesday, Oct. 29

• No incidents were reported.

Thursday, Oct. 30

• A victim’s unlocked bike was stolen from outside Tresidder Memorial Union sometime between 12:45 and 1:45 p.m.
  • A victim’s reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from outside the Haas Center sometime between noon Thursday and 11:50 a.m. Monday.

Friday, Oct. 31

• An individual’s reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from the bike racks in front of Rinconada House sometime between 11:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects smashed the rear passenger window of a victim’s vehicle with an unknown tool sometime between 1:10 and 2:05 p.m.. The incident occurred near Stanford Ave. and Junipero Serra Blvd., and the victim’s wallet, checkbook, credit card and gift cards were stolen.
  • After verbally arguing near Tresidder Memorial Union, a suspect struck a victim’s face, leaving a slight contusion at 8 p.m.
  • An individual was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol (MIP) at 11 p.m. near Escondido Rd. and Galvez Mall.
  • An individual was reported missing around 11 p.m. and found early Saturday morning. There was no indication the individual was ever in danger.

Saturday, Nov. 1

• A Munger Graduate Residence party turned off the music after a noise complaint was filed at 2 a.m.

Sunday, Nov. 2

• An individual was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol (MIP) near the Sigma Nu fraternity at 1:10 a.m.

Monday, Nov. 3

• A fire extinguisher was used to put out a “duraflame”-type log after it was found burning on a Parking Structure 5 concrete deck at 7:50 a.m.
  • A victim discovered that his two laptop computers were stolen after an unknown suspect was seen earlier exiting the victim’s Crothers Hall dorm room with a red backpack sometime between 6:14 and 6:30 p.m.
  • A commercial airliner was painted with a green laser originating from somewhere along the border of Stanford University and Palo Alto at 7:27 p.m.

Tuesday, Nov. 4

• A victim’s unlocked bike was stolen from outside the School of Medicine sometime between 8:30 and 9 a.m.

According to the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin, four alcohol transports were reported for the nine-day period between Oct. 27 and Nov. 4.

Contact Sam Premutico at samprem ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Sam Premutico ’18 is a staff writer covering University and local news. A freshman from Brooklyn, New York, Sam has a wide range of academic interests, including biology and philosophy. When not in class or writing for The Daily, Sam enjoys solving crossword puzzles and playing for the Stanford Men’s Squash team. To contact Sam, email him at samprem ‘at’ stanford.edu.