Football live blog: Stanford vs. No. 5 Oregon

Welcome to The Daily’s live blog of Saturday’s critical Pac-12 North matchup between Stanford (5-3, 3-2 Pac-12) and No. 5 Oregon (7-1, 4-1). The Cardinal will visit Oregon’s vaunted Autzen Stadium in Eugene, Oregon to kick off the next installment of one of college football’s most storied series in recent memory. With Oregon and Stanford ranked one and two in the Pac-12 North Division, this game has massive implications for the ruling order of college football on the West Coast. If Stanford wins, it has a chance to go to a major bowl and stay in the national conversation, even in the midst of a rebuilding year. If Oregon wins, it will continue its march to the inaugural College Football Playoff. I’m Winston Shi, and I will be your host this game. Stay tuned to our live blog all afternoon and follow us on Twitter @StanfordSports for live updates and analysis.

Winston Shi was the Managing Editor of Opinions for Volume 245 (February-June 2014). He also served as an opinions and sports columnist, a senior staff writer, and a member of the Editorial Board. A native of Thousand Oaks, California (the one place on the planet with better weather than Stanford), he graduated from Stanford in June 2016 with bachelor's and master's degrees in history. He is currently attending law school, where he preaches the greatness of Stanford football to anybody who will listen, and other people who won't.