Srinivasan elected to Board of Trustees

Srinija Srinivasan ’93, a former Yahoo executive, was recently elected to the Stanford University Board of Trustees. She will begin her five year term on April 1.

Srinivasan, who received her degree in symbolic systems, was the fifth employee at Yahoo when she joined the firm in 1995. She served as Yahoo’s vice president and editor-in-chief before stepping down in 2010.

“We are elated to welcome Srinija to the Board of Trustees,” said Board chair Steven Denning MBA ’78 to the Stanford News Service. “She brings a unique combination of entrepreneurial experience in both technology and the arts that will be very beneficial to our board and our deliberations.”

Srinivasan currently serves on Stanford’s Council of the School of Humanities and Sciences and the Stanford Live Advisory Council. She previously served on the Bing Concert Hall Task Force.

Beyond Stanford, Srinivasan served as the chair of the SFJAZZ Board of Trustees for six years and is a member of the White House Commission on Presidential Scholars.

Andrew Vogeley ‘17 served as President and Editor-in-Chief of Volume 249. He is a senior majoring in political science and hails from the great state of Texas (and he’ll be sure to let you know it). Outside of The Daily, Andrew is President of RUF, a Christian fellowship group. To contact Andrew, email him at avogeley ‘at’ stanford.edu