Voting for 2014-15 Faculty Senate ends on March 5

Online voting for the election of Faculty Senate members for the 2014-15 academic year and the nomination of full professors to the Academic Council’s Advisory Board will end on March 5.

The Senate, which serves as the legislative body of Stanford’s Academic Council, consists of 55 voting members who each serve staggered two-year terms, in addition to 15 ex officio members such as President John Hennessy. The Senate also oversees academic and research policy and authorizes the conferral of degrees.

The Advisory Board, meanwhile, handles the appointment of Academic Council faculty and advises the University president. The Board’s seven members serve staggered three-year terms, with representation of electoral units containing the School of Engineering and part of the School of Medicine set to be determined this year.

Voting for the Advisory Board will occur in two rounds, with the first open only to Council members from the groups of the two members up for re-election. Beginning in March, the second round of voting will open to all Council members. Elections for the Senate chair and for the Senate’s steering committee will also take place at that time.

Results will be announced during spring quarter.

Kylie Jue '17 was the Editor-in-Chief for Vol. 250. She first became involved with The Daily as a high school intern and now is a CS+English major at Stanford. A senior from Cupertino, California, she has also worked a CS 106 section leader. To contact Kylie, email her at kyliej ‘at’ stanford.edu.