The Daily stands in solidarity with the Black community. Read our editors’ statement.

Senate passes funding bills in online meeting

The 15th ASSU Undergraduate Senate concluded their fourth and final online meeting of the summer on Wednesday afternoon, passing three funding bills for the 2013-14 academic year that totaled $40,421.14.

The Senate held a similar meeting in late July, in which they passed two funding bills – totaling $2,545 – for student groups that needed the funds before the start of autumn quarter.

The three groups funded on Wednesday – the Leland Stanford Junior University Marching Band (LSJUMB), the Stanford Social Entrepreneurial Student’s Association, and Atheists, Humanists, and Agnostics at Stanford – required funding on a similar basis. LSJUMB’s request was the largest of the three, consisting of a $35,000 special fees transfer.

The first on-campus Senate meeting of the 2013-2014 year will take place on Tuesday, September 24. The Senate will vote on a grant transfer for the senior class and will discuss additional funding bills that will be reviewed by the Appropriations Committee on September 22.