Police Blotter: May 9-13

This report covers a selection of incidents from May 9 through May 13 as recorded in the Stanford University Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Thursday, May 9

An unknown suspect pried open the rear passenger window, shattering it, and stole a purse and a towel from a vehicle near the intersection of Stanford Avenue and Ryan Court between 3:15 and 4:35 p.m.

An unknown suspect smashed the front passenger side window and stole a personal leather laptop case from the passenger floorboard of a car near the intersection of Roth Way and Palm Drive between 7:10 and 9:10 p.m.

A male was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol on Mayfield Avenue at 11:05 p.m.

Friday, May 10

A u-locked bike was stolen from the bike racks at Branner Hall between 10 p.m. on May 9 and 9 a.m. on May 10.

An unknown suspect pulled open the ground floor window, entered and stole a laptop from the victim’s desk in Alondra between 6:15 and 6:32 p.m.

A male was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol at Tresidder Union at 11:40 p.m.

Saturday, May 11

A male was cited and released for creating a public nuisance by urinating in public at 680 Lomita at 12:15 a.m.

A male was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol near the intersection of Campus Drive East and Alvarado Row at 1 a.m.

A male was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol near Florence Moore Hall at 1 a.m.

A male was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for public intoxication on Galvez Street between 2:10 a.m. and 2:15 a.m.

A male was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol at 10:45 p.m. near the intersection of Campus Drive and Mayfield Avenue.

A female was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol near Theta Delta Chi at 11:15 p.m.

A male was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol near Columbae at 11:50 p.m.

Sunday, May 12

An unknown suspect stole the victim’s unattended backpack from a common area of Slavianskii Dom between 9 p.m. on May 11 and 10 a.m. on May 12. The backpack contained an iPad and laptop.

A male was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol near Xanadu at 12:10 a.m.

A male was cited and release for being a minor in possession of alcohol near the Row and Cluster Faculty Offices at 12:15 a.m.

A juvenile was cited and released for public intoxication at Sigma Nu at 1:10 a.m. The juvenile was released to the custody of her parent.

A male was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for driving under the influence near the intersection of Galvez Street and Nelson Street between 3:55 and 3:57 a.m.

A female was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for violation of a restraining order, trespassing and a court ordered violation at Memorial Hall and Auditorium at 2:40 p.m.

Monday, May 13

An unknown suspect called and left a threatening message on the victim’s voicemail near Herbert Hoover Memorial Building between 11 a.m. on May 12 and 8 a.m. on May 13. The victim was fearful for his safety.

An unknown suspect stole the victim’s canvas bag containing passports, cash and credit cards that he had accidentally left on a bench in the middle of Palm Oval between 8 p.m. and 9 p.m.

Liam Kinney is a hip young thing from Aspen, Colo. He has been a contributing writer at the Daily for a year, and now has his own column. Currently a sophomore, Liam is a prospective Classics and Symbolic Systems double major. He enjoys finishing books, cooking edible food, and reaching the top of the climbing wall - in other words, he is rarely satisfied.