Top 5: Halloween Costumes

According to Cady Heron, Halloween is a time when you can dress like a total slut and no one can say anything. True, Mean Girls, but so are Exotic Erotic, FMOTQ, Let’s Get Physical, and really most weekend parties. While we all appreciate Spirit Halloween’s Officer Bombshell uniforms and those Smokin’ Hot Firefighter getups, here are a few ideas if you are trying to step up your game this Halloween season.

The Couple’s Costume

It’s a well-known fact that the man himself, Jay-Z, is not having girl problems. While not every man can claim Beyoncé, they can still show off their main squeeze with these cute football-inspired jerseys. Will also accept innuendo costumes, like a plug and outlet.

Top 5: Halloween Costumes
From SportsGrid

Old Spice Guy

A costume guaranteed to reel in the ladies. The Old Spice man is swoll beyond compare, but his masculinity is heightened because he’s always toting around one of the company’s popular grooming products. Be the fantasy of every girl on Halloween and dress up as the Old Spice guy. Swing by CVS and invest in an Old Spice swagger deodorant stick. Wrap a towel around your waist and add a little towel tuck as the final touch. Body oil optional. Old Spice bottle doubles as flask.

Top 5: Halloween Costumes
Courtesy of MCT

Barista, Please-ta-Meetcha

What better way to welcome Starbucks to the Stanford community than dressing up as a barista. Grab a green apron and a to-go cup with Starbucks’ (in)famous logo and you’re good to go. For a more risqué look, feel free to hem up the apron to your desired length. Get creative and come up with your own customized Frappuccino. One or two shots with that?

So Stanford

Grab your roommate and send homage to one of Stanford’s finest eateries: The Axe and Palm. One of you can represent the axe, and the other can assume the role of the palm tree. Actual executions for this costume are open to individual interpretations and approaches. (Upperclassmen, you might also get some use out of your Frosh lanyards and go as a younger you.)

The Last-Minute Costume

It is not uncommon to come across students racing to finish up that last problem on their p-set or squeezing in some sleep in their jam-packed schedules. Before you get a chance to devise an original costume idea, Halloween hits and you’re desperate for a grab-and-go costume. Take the burden off yourself and dress up as “The Dish”: simple and to the point. Step one: grab a plate from your nearest dining hall. Step two: tape the plate to your shirt (Command strips highly recommended). Step three: return plate to its rightful dining hall. Remember, Arrillaga keeps tabs.