Police blotter

Aug. 16, 2012, 2:26 a.m.

This report covers a selection of incidents from Aug. 5 through Aug. 12 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Sunday, Aug. 5

• A bike was stolen near Old Union between 2 p.m. on Aug. 1 and 3 p.m. on Aug. 5.

Monday, Aug. 6

• No incidents were reported.

Tuesday, Aug. 7

• A bike was stolen near the School of Education between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m.

Wednesday, Aug. 8

• No one was injured when a vehicle collided with a fixed object at 8:50 a.m.
  • A bike was stolen near Crothers Memorial Hall between 10 p.m. the night before and 9:30 a.m. on Aug. 8.

Thursday, Aug. 9

• An accidental stove fire was reported at 818 Tolman Drive at 1:30 a.m. 
  • Four people were cited and released for possession of fewer than 28.5 grams of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia near the intersection of Sam McDonald Mall and Nelson Mall at 1:40 a.m. 
  • A male was cited and released for driving unlicensed near the intersection of Campus Drive and Roth Way at 10:05 a.m.
  • A male was cited and released for driving unlicensed near the intersection of Campus Drive and Roth Way at 12:10 p.m.
  • The window of a vehicle was smashed and a laptop was stolen near the intersection of Lomita Street and Campus Drive between 11:25 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.

Friday, Aug. 10

• A female was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for public intoxication near the intersection of Palm Drive and El Camino Real at 2:05 a.m.
  • A male was cited and released for driving unlicensed near the intersection of Galvez Street and El Camino Real at 2:30 a.m.
  • A female was cited and released for providing false identification to a peace officer at Florence Moore Hall at 3:25 a.m.
  • A banner was stolen from Rogers House between noon on Aug. 7 and 9 a.m. on Aug. 10.
  • A bike was stolen near Sterling Quad at Robinson House between 10:30 p.m. the night before and 10 a.m. on Aug. 10.
  • A male was cited and released for driving unlicensed near the intersection of El Camino Real and Stanford Avenue at 12:55 a.m.
  • No one was injured when a vehicle collided with a fixed object near the Department of Public Safety at 8 p.m.

Saturday, Aug. 11

• No incidents were reported.

Sunday, Aug. 12

• Someone smashed a vehicle window and stole a shoulder bag at 1800 Stanford Avenue between 6:30 a.m. and 8 a.m.