Letter from the editor: The Daily’s summer schedule

Opinion by Billy Gallagher
June 25, 2012, 3:00 a.m.

As the Class of 2012 moves on to exciting new opportunities, we say goodbye to an incredible group of seniors, from the ones we wrote about to the ones we wrote with.

And now, we turn the page to Volume 242. The Daily’s summer Weekly will print every Thursday morning from July 5 to August 16. The Weekly is led by current Daily staffers and a group of talented high school interns. If you are interested in becoming a part of the summer staff, please contact summer managing editor Joseph Beyda.

We will have expanded coverage from The Weekly and other content online throughout the summer until we resume our regular printing schedule in September.

As Stanford students and alumni travel to London to compete in the Olympic Games this summer, The Daily will be right there, covering all of the action. Stay tuned to The Daily’s website and social media accounts to follow all of the Stanford-related action, from in-depth stories to blog posts and quick updates.

Content-sharing partnerships, from ones we have already formed to ones we are working to create, will add even more to our site during the summer months. We are actively seeking to form other partnerships with media companies. If you are interested, please drop me a line at [email protected].

This is an exciting time for us at The Daily, and it should be an exciting time for our readers as well. I welcome any and all suggestions, criticisms and questions in person at The Daily’s office, at [email protected] or on Twitter at @GallagherBilly. We also invite news tips at [email protected].

If you don’t already, follow The Daily on Facebook and Twitter @Stanford_Daily and sign up for The Daily email digest to stay up to date with Stanford news 24/7. If you’d like to reach our business team, drop by The Daily at 456 Panama Mall Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. The team can also be reached by email at [email protected] or by phone at (650) 721-5803.

Thank you very much for reading,

Billy Gallagher

President and editor in chief, Vol. CCXLII

Billy Gallagher is a senior staff writer at The Stanford Daily. He has previously worked at The Daily as editor in chief, a managing editor of news, news desk editor, sports desk editor and staff development editor. He is a junior from Villanova, PA majoring in Economics. He is also a writer for TechCrunch.