Committee formed to select Law School dean

Provost John Etchemendy has established a committee to assist his search for a new Stanford Law School dean. Current Law School Dean Larry Kramer will leave the post on Sept. 1 to become the president of The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation.

The committee, chaired by Law Professor Mark Kelman, is charged with evaluating candidates and advising the President and Provost about the candidates through an unranked list. Candidates currently at Stanford as well as outside candidates will be considered, according to a Stanford Law School press release.

Kelman will be joined on the committee by Vice Provost for Academic Affairs Stephanie Kalfayan, Professor of History and Political Science Jack Rakove, Law School faculty members Rick Banks, Juliet Brodie, Dan Ho, Pam Karlan and Mark Lemley, alumna Michelle Galloway <\#213>87 J.D. <\#213>89 and current student Teddy Kider J.D. <\#213>12.

Members of the Law School community can contact the committee with their input by emailing deansearch@stanford.edu.

— Alice Phillips