Top 5: Fictional Stanford Movies

We live in a time when people casually throw around sayings like “the soundtrack to my life” and “my life is a movie, and you just Tivo,” but this week, Intermission’s wondering, if our Stanford lives are really reel-worthy, what would the movie be like? Here are our top five picks for Stanford movies that haven’t been made (yet).

“Full Moon On the Quad”

Part “American Werewolf in London” and part “National Lampoon’s Dorm Daze,” this romantic thriller documents a young freshman girl in her experiment with debauchery and moonlight. Meanwhile, a lurking senior boy is not as he appears. Hits theatres at midnight by the second moon of the school year.

“PWR2”

In this sequel to “PWR1,” former freshman flings rekindle an old flame while pondering the rhetoric of politics of business on the Internet. After parting ways during a frenzied spring quarter and summer vacation, these two sophomores realize their maturity in a familiar, sophomore-only environment. In theatres autumn, winter and spring quarters of the second year.

“Benj and Tim Go to Chipotle”

In this buddy adventure, a philosophically inclined Benj and his techie-friend Tim crave some late-night, semi-ethnic food, but when they run into mischief and campus security between Serra and Serra Street, hilarity ensues. “Benj and Tim” promises to be the brogrammer comedy of the year. Some knowledge of C++ helpful; no children under freshman year allowed.

“Hot Prowl

This Hitchcockian, cerebral drama follows our junior heroine, Angelica, as she fends off a creeper in the night. Missing window screens, wandering videophones and the scent of apples lead to paranoia and suspicion in the mystery to discover just who stalks the streets from the Faculty Club to the Rains houses. Campus security advises you keep your windows shut and doors locked and to stay tuned for a screening near you!

“Elections”

With all the power plays of a courtroom drama and the intensity of a countdown mystery, “Elections” tells the tale of a Daily journalist in his investigation to unwrap scandal and deception in the heat of spring elections. MemeChu-worthy actors run the gamut of political brawls, but only the truth will make it to print. For limited release this spring.