Peeping incident in Crothers hall

As of Monday, Jan. 23, four students in Crothers Hall have reported peeping incidents in a first floor, gender-neutral bathroom since the start of the quarter.

“On Monday evening, a female victim reported to the Stanford Police that at approximately 8 p.m., while she was showering, she observed a subject put his hand under the bottom of the shower door in her residence and attempt to take a photograph of her,” read a report from the Department of Public Safety (DPS), which circulated across campus. “When the victim said something to the subject, the subject left the shower room. From the subject’s hand, the victim thinks the subject is Caucasian and possibly a male.”

The report was released in an AlertSU Emergency Alert email to students at 10 a.m. on Tuesday. Updates are available on the DPS website.

The other three incidents were not reported to the Stanford Police until Monday, the report said.

Those incidents occurred on Jan. 8 at 12 p.m., Jan. 10 at 12:55 a.m. and Jan. 22 at approximately 2:30 p.m.

“The Stanford Police strongly encourage people to lock their doors and windows,” the report said. “Please immediately report similar incidents and other suspicious activity to the police. Anyone with information relating to this crime is urged to call the Stanford Police at 650-723-9633 or 650-329-2413.”

Additional information, if obtained, will be posted on the Community Crime Alerts page.

-Kristian Davis Bailey