The Daily stands in solidarity with the Black community. Read our editors’ statement.

Stanford Law Review goes online

The Stanford Law Review (SLR) launched an online version Thursday intended to “provide an outlet for law-review-quality pieces, with Internet-speed turnaround between submission and publication,” according to a statement on its website.

The site will feature shorter, timelier articles on legal topics in the news. Currently, planned articles include an analysis of California’s criminal sentencing commissions, constitution-making and the Arab Spring, the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy and the PROTECT IP Act, among others.

Law student James Freedman, a graduate of Johns Hopkins University, will serve as senior online editor of the journal. He has previously served as senior production editor of the Stanford Law Review and co-president of the Stanford Law and Technology Association.

Law professor Robert Weisberg ’79 authored the first piece posted on the site, titled “California’s De Facto Sentencing Commissions.”

This initiative follows a similar move by Yale Law Journal, which launched an online-only content program in 2009.

Brendan O’Byrne