Police blotter

Aug. 11, 2011, 2:00 a.m.

This report covers a selection of incidents from July 27 to Aug. 8 as recorded in the Stanford University Department of Public Safety bulletin.

During this period, several bike thefts occurred on campus, and several thefts that occurred earlier in the summer were reported.

Thursday, July 28

Between 10:00 p.m. on July 27 and 8:00 a.m. this day, a man lost his wallet somewhere on the Stanford campus. There has been no unauthorized activity on his cards.

Friday, July 29

Between 6:00 p.m. on July 29 and 8:00 a.m. this day, an unknown suspect stole a victim’s unattended laptop computer from the entrance counter at the Arrillaga Family Sports Center.

Monday, Aug. 1

At 1:45 p.m., an arrestee was cited and released for misuse of a handicapped placard on Galvez Street.

Wednesday, Aug. 3

Between 2:23 p.m. and 2:35 p.m., an annoying voicemail was received on the Gunn Building’s main telephone line. Prior to leaving the message, the caller called three times in a span of two minutes.

At 7:25 p.m., a non-injury hit-and-run vehicle collision occurred in the Stock Farm parking lot.

At 7:30 p.m. on the corner of Campus Drive and Electioneer Road, an arrestee was cited and released for driving unlicensed.

Thursday, Aug. 4

At 1:00 a.m. in Tresidder Memorial Union, an arrestee was cited and released on an outstanding warrant out of San Francisco.

Between 12:00 p.m. and 12:05 p.m. on Stanford Avenue, someone found U.S. currency on the ground, turned it in and filed a 90-day claim.

Between 7:50 p.m. and 8:00 p.m., an unknown suspect stole a victim’s unattended purse left on a bench in Tresidder Memorial Union.

At 11:50 p.m., an arrestee was cited and released for being in possession of marijuana in Tresidder Memorial Union.

Saturday, Aug. 6

Between 11:00 p.m. on Aug. 5 and 2:00 p.m. this day, a victim’s U-locked bike was stolen from the bike racks near the Treehouse restaurant.

At 3:20 a.m., a vehicle collided with a fixed object on the corner of Lasuen Mall and Museum Way. There were no injuries reported.

Sunday, Aug. 7

At 2:35 a.m., on the corner of Lagunita Drive and Mayfield Avenue, an arrestee was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol.

At 2:45 a.m., an unknown suspect threw an unknown object and broke a window at Sigma Chi.

Between 10:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m., a male party lost his wallet while at the San Francisco Airport Baggage Claim.

Monday, Aug. 8

Between 5:00 p.m. on Aug. 5 and 5:30 a.m. this day, an unknown suspect pried open an honor-system cash box and stole currency at Hillel’s Ziff Center.