Police Blotter

July 21, 2011, 2:01 a.m.

This report covers a selection of incidents from July 11 to July 19 as recorded in the Stanford University Department of Public Safety bulletin.

During this time period, several bike thefts were reported along with several other petty thefts. There were four accidents reported involving moving vehicles. Police also responded to medical events including a chemical injury, a seizure, dehydration, an alcohol transport and a bee sting.

Monday, July 11

Between 4:30 p.m. and 5:15 p.m., an unknown suspect stole the victim’s wallet from Kairos.

Tuesday, July 12

At 2:47 p.m., a graduate student slapped his wife during an argument over the use of an iPad. He was arrested for domestic violence and booked at the San Jose Main Jail. His wife bailed him out.

At 10:50 p.m., a woman called the police for help. Her husband arrived home and took care of the situation.

Wednesday, July 13

Between June 16 and July 13, the reporting party and other parties engaged in verbal dispute over the care of their son. The reporting party was granted an emergency protection order.

At 1:00 p.m., a suspicious individual left several messages with the office of a Hoover Fellow. Another individual, possibly the same person, made several unannounced visits to her office.

Thursday, July 14

Between 8:30 p.m. on July 13 and 6:00 a.m. this day, an unknown suspect set a bridge on fire at Piers Lane and Alpine Road. There was minor damage.

Between 9:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m., an unknown suspect stole the catalytic converter from a parked vehicle in the Stock Farm parking lot.

Sunday, July 17

Between 1:34 p.m. on July 16 and 5:25 a.m. this day, an unknown suspect entered a computer cluster and stole nine computers, keyboards and mice.

At 12:34 a.m., three people were cited for trespassing in Avery Aquatic Center.

Tuesday, July 19

At 6:20 p.m., an unauthorized fire pit was discovered behind Kappa Alpha . An order was put in to remove it.