The Daily stands in solidarity with the Black community. Read our editors’ statement.

Women’s water polo players chosen for national team

The U.S. Women’s Junior National Team will include four Cardinal water polo players—two of them incoming freshmen—when it heads to the FINA Junior World Championships in Italy this September.

Goalie Kate Baldoni and driver Kaley Dodson were both instrumental in capturing Stanford’s 101st NCAA championship in May as freshmen. Baldoni posted the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation’s best goals-against average with a 4.04, while Dodson scored 27 goals and had two hat tricks.

Joining them will be Ashley Grossman and Kiley Neushul, part of Stanford’s six-member incoming freshman class. Dodson, Grossman and Baldoni were all members of the bronze-medal-winning Team USA at the Junior World Championships in Russia in 2009.

–Joseph Beyda

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to the managing editor(s) of the sports staff (sports 'at' stanforddaily.com), keepers of the souls of those sportswriters.