Police Blotter

This report covers a selection of incidents from May 12 to May 26 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

During this period, a number of bikes, laptops and iPhones were stolen on campus. Several instances of vandalism also occurred throughout campus.

Thursday, May 12

At 8:30 p.m., someone took a barbecue grill from the Stanford Powwow.

At 9:30 p.m., a person reported receiving an email death threat from an unknown sender.

Friday, May 13

A professor in the Stauffer II building reported that a postdoctoral student had been acting strangely and had sent out unprofessional emails to damage another student’s reputation.

Between 8 p.m. the previous day and 10 a.m. today, a bike was stolen from the racks in front of the Stanford Law School.

At 5 p.m., a backpack was stolen from a vehicle parked on Electioneer Road.

At 7:40 p.m., a man lost his wallet at the Menlo Park Caltrain Station.

At 10:35 p.m., a man was arrested at the Tresidder parking lot for urinating in public.

At 11:10 p.m., two students were cited and released for being minors in possession of alcohol.

Saturday, May 14

At 1 a.m., a man driving on Junipero Serra Road lost control of his vehicle and hit a no-parking sign.

At 1:30 a.m., a man who had a little too much fun at Exotic Chaotic was found passed out on the front lawn of Phi Kappa Psi. Police transported him to the San Jose Main Jail, where he was booked for public intoxication.

At 3:45 a.m., a man walking along Mayfield Avenue was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for public intoxication.

At 1:45 p.m., a man was cited and released for being in possession of marijuana.

Between 3 and 3:05 p.m., an unattended iPhone was stolen from a student studying at Green Library.

At 5:15 p.m., a juvenile skateboarder by the Varian Physics Building was cited and released to his parents.

At 8:00 p.m., an unattended laptop was stolen from the lounge area of 680 Lomita Drive.

At 9:30 p.m., a resident of Murray House received a threatening letter.

At 10 p.m., unknown suspects stole a cell phone at a party at Sigma Alpha Epsilon.

Sunday, May 15

At 12:25 a.m., a man was stopped for driving the wrong way down Lane A near Campus Drive and was booked into the San Jose Main Jail for driving under the influence.

Monday, May 16

At 8:30 a.m., someone at the Bechtel International Center reported that unknown suspects vandalized areas of campus along Escondido Mall using white spray paint.

Between 9 and 10:05 a.m., someone stole three chairs from Roble Gym.

In an incident that occurred between 6 p.m. on May 13 and 4 p.m. today, unknown suspects stole cooking pans from the Wilbur Dining kitchen. The suspects and pans remain at large.

At 7:11 p.m., a man at Serra Street was cited and released for an outstanding misdemeanor arrest warrant.

Tuesday, May 17

Between 9:30 p.m. the previous day and 8 a.m. today, somebody at Sigma Chi vandalized four couches using paint.

Between 2 a.m. and 10 a.m., someone vandalized a portable battery charger for a rented golf cart at Roble Hall.

Between 9:30 a.m. and 5:25 p.m., a U-locked bike was stolen from the railing of a stairwell at Knight Management Center.

Between 6:30 p.m. and 12 a.m., a U-locked bike was stolen from the bike racks at Wilbur Hall.

Wednesday, May 18

At 3:02 a.m., a man was stopped for driving at an unsafe speed in the Roble Hall parking lot and arrested for driving under the influence.

Between 5:30 and 6:30 p.m., an unattended laptop was stolen from the Packard Building.

Thursday, May 19

A laptop was stolen from Old Union between 8:20 p.m. and midnight, officially making laptop stealing a trend.

At 11:45 p.m., a woman at Arguello Mall and Bowdoin Lane was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for public intoxication.

Friday, May 20

At 2:30 a.m., a man at Mayfield Avenue and Campus Drive was transported to the San Jose Main Jail for public intoxication.

Between 2:20 and 2:30 p.m., an unattended bike was stolen from in front of the Arrillaga Recreation Center.

Between 8:20 p.m. and midnight, a laptop was stolen from Old Union.

At 10 p.m. at Serra Street and Buckeye Lane, a bicyclist collided with another cyclist at the San Jose Bike Party event and was transported to the medical center for treatment.

At 11:30 p.m., someone entered a room at Kappa Alpha and stole a laptop.

Saturday, May 21

Between 6 p.m. yesterday and 1 a.m. today, someone entered an unattended room in Xanadu and stole a computer and a purse during a house party.

At 3 a.m., one person hit another at the Sigma Nu Sun Splash party. The victim did not want to press charges.

A burglary occurred between 9 p.m. the previous night and 6 a.m. today at Lagunita Dining hall, resulting in a damaged register.

Sunday, May 22

At 12:20 a.m. at Tolman Drive, a woman hid her kids, hid her wife and hid her husband after she observed an unknown suspect outside her window. The suspect is still at large.

At 12:54 a.m., a man at Lagunita Drive and Mayfield Avenue was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for public intoxication.

At 10:23, a man at Memorial Church was transported and booked into the San Jose Main Jail for a parole violation out of New York.

At noon, a man was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol at the Graduate Community Center.

Tuesday, May 24

At 12:17 a.m., a vehicle abandoned in a fire lane on Bowdoin Lane was towed into storage.

At 3:15 p.m., a bike was stolen from the Larkin side of Stern Hall.