BRIEF: Jeremy Green stays in NBA Draft

Junior guard Jeremy Green has decided to stay in the NBA Draft and skip his senior season at Stanford, as announced by head coach Johnny Dawkins. Green put his name in the draft on April 28 but did not hire an agent, keeping him eligible to return to school by May 8. However, Green chose to remain in the draft, ending his college career.

In three years on the Farm, Green had a major impact, starting 62 of his 97 career games and averaging 13 points per contest. He holds the school record for three-pointers in a season with 93, and he ranks second on the career list with 228 triples.

Last year, Green ranked fifth in the Pac-10 in scoring with 16.7 points per game, earning him All-Pac-10 honors for the second consecutive year. He shot 42.9 percent from beyond the arc and made 2.8 threes per game, good for second in the conference. He stepped up his game over the final stretch of the season, scoring over 20 points in eight of Stanford’s last 11 games.

In Green’s three years, Stanford compiled a 49-48 overall record and made the postseason just once, a CBI semifinal appearance in his freshman year.

ESPN.com’s Chad Ford ranks Green as the 107th prospect in this year’s draft. DraftExpress.com ranks Green 54th among NCAA juniors. The NBA Draft takes place June 23 in Newark, N.J.