Stanford accepts 2,427 high school applicants

Stanford offered admission to 2,427 students via electronic notification letters today, several days earlier than the scheduled notification date of Apr. 1. In sum, 34,348 high school students applied to become part of the Class of 2015.

This brings Stanford’s current admit rate to nearly 7.1 percent, compared to 7.2 percent last year.

“Stanford has been exceedingly fortunate to attract a simply amazing group of applicants from all over the world,” Dean of Admission Richard Shaw told to The Stanford Report. “In our review, we were humbled by the exceptional accomplishments of those candidates who have been admitted, as well as the competitive strength of all of the applicants.”

Among the admitted students, 754 had applied through the early action program and received an offer of admission in December. Admitted students have until May 1 to accept the University’s offer.

According to the Office of Undergraduate Admission, an additional 1,078 applicants have been placed on the waitlist and will hear from Stanford, pending matriculation results.

-An Le Nguyen