Police Blotter

This report covers a selection of incidents from Jan. 5 to Jan. 12 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Several bike thefts and medical emergencies occurred during this period. Bike thefts occurred at Wilbur Hall, Crothers Hall and the bike racks between Herrin and Gilbert Sciences buildings.

Wednesday, Jan. 5

At 1:30 a.m., a small fire broke out in Room 214 in Alondra, causing minor damage to an Ottoman and carpet. No injuries were reported.

:Friday, Jan. 7

At 12:00 p.m., a student was cited and released for petty theft from the Stanford Bookstore.

Between 2:45 p.m. and 3:45 p.m., suspects broke the window of a rental vehicle that was parked at the Oval and stole personal property.

Between 1:30 p.m. and 12:30 a.m., unknown suspects entered four dorm rooms in Bob, stealing personal property. All rooms were left unlocked or open.

Between 2:30 p.m. and 3:45 p.m. at the Oval, a suspect smashed the rear, passenger-side window of a vehicle.

Between 9 p.m. and 1 a.m., an unknown suspect entered the common dining area of Chi Theta Chi and stole an unattended laptop computer.

Saturday, Jan. 8

Between 5 and 10 a.m., an unknown suspect damaged a door at the rear of the Sigma Nu house. The door was pushed in slightly and several windows that were part of the door were broken.

At 12:23 a.m., a student was transported and booked at the San Jose main jail for driving under the influence on Junipero Serra Boulevard and Campus Drive.

At 12:25 a.m., three unknown suspects entered a girl’s dorm room at Grove Mayfield while she was sleeping. The victim woke up and screamed. All three victims fled on foot. Students all across campus learned that prowls have temperatures.

Sunday, Jan. 9

At 1:30 a.m., a student in Slavianskii Dom was transported to the Stanford Medical Center for excessive drinking.

At 4:15 p.m., a victim in Alondra received an anonymous, threatening note in her dorm room. SUDPS determined the incident was a prank pulled by her dormmates. SLE students are suspected, as the note was written in Petrarchan sonnet form.

At 5:49 p.m., there was a non-injury vehicle-vs.-vehicle collision on Campus Drive and Palm Drive.

Between 5:55 and 6:15 p.m., two people were found unconscious in their dorm rooms at Blackwelder Court high-rises. One victim was transported to Stanford Medical Center.

Monday, Jan. 10, 2011

At 10 p.m., a stolen golf cart was recovered at Maples Pavilion.

Tuesday, Jan. 11, 2011

At 10:20 a.m., a juvenile was caught peeping into the private residential fenced patios at Barves court. He also tried to straddle a bike that wasn’t his. He was cited and released for trespassing.

At 12:55 p.m., a student was cited and released for petty theft and possession of drugs without a prescription at the Stanford bookstore.

At 11 p.m., an unknown suspect broke a window on the second floor of Mirlo in Florence Moore Hall.

Wednesday, Jan. 12, 2011

Between 4 and 7:45 p.m., someone broke into a car parked at the Oval and stole an iPod, a GPS system and a parking permit.