BRIEF: Field Hockey to host Pacific on Senior Day

Stanford will host Pacific this Sunday in its final home game of the regular season before wrapping up conference play at California next weekend and shifting its focus to the postseason. The No. 19 Cardinal (9-5, 3-1 NorPac) is currently just one game behind NorPac-West leading California, and a win over Pacific (2-11, 0-3) could go a long way toward positioning it for a late run at the NorPac’s Western Division regular season title.

Heading into the final stretch of the season, Stanford looks to be in good form. The Cardinal has spent 17 consecutive weeks in the national rankings, a school record. Goalkeeper Alexandra Moss has a lot to do with keeping that stretch alive, and has caught people’s attention recently with her strong play–the junior out of New York, N.Y. was named the NorPac’s West Division defensive player of the week after stopping eight shots in two games on the road last week.

The match will also mark Stanford’s annual Senior Day for 2010, featuring festivities that will honor graduates-to-be Heather AlcornKatherine DonnerJaimee EricksonCamille GandhiKatherine Swank and Xanthe Travlos. The ceremonies come amid the school-wide activities scheduled for Homecoming this weekend.

Stanford’s match against Pacific is scheduled for 1 p.m. this Sunday at Varsity Turf.