Brokaw to moderate Stanford roundable on longevity

University President John Hennessy and former NBC Nightly News anchor Tom Brokaw are set to host a roundtable entitled “Generation Ageless: Longevity and the Boomers, Consequences for our World and Ourselves” on Saturday at Maples Pavilion. The roundtable will be held in collaboration with Stanford Reunion Homecoming’s other weekend programming.

Panelists will include retired Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor ’50 L.L.B. ’52, public policy and psychology professor Laura L. Carstensen, biology professor Robert Sapolsky, Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg and AARP chief executive Barry Rand.

Sunday will be Brokaw’s second time moderating the roundtable. Brokaw moderated his first Stanford roundtable, centered on the theme of “Courage and Compassion in the 21st Century,” in 2007.

This year’s roundtable is a continuation of a five-year University tradition of hosting discussion panels featuring Hennessy and a leading journalist with a group of experts on that year’s theme. Past guests include journalists Ted Koppel and Charlie Rose, Google chief executive Eric Schmidt and Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy ’58.

The event is open to the public. Stanford students, faculty and staff will be admitted with ID, while tickets are available to the general public for $10 from the Stanford Ticket Office. Reunion Homecoming participants will also be admitted with their Reunion nametag.

Ivy Nguyen

Correction: In an earlier version of this brief, The Daily incorrectly stated that the event would be held on Sunday. The event is only on Saturday.