VPUE looking for nominations to replace Bravman

The search committee for the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (VPUE) is seeking nominations from the Stanford student community to inform the committee’s recommendations for candidates to serve as Stanford’s next vice provost.

To offer a chance for student contribution to the search process, the search committee is holding a town hall meeting on Tuesday, May 11 at 6:30 p.m. in Bldg. 260, Room 113. At the town hall, the committee will survey students for their thoughts on qualities that the committee should be looking for in a candidate.

The office of the vice provost runs programs such as Stanford Introductory Studies, Introduction to the Humanities, the Program in Writing and Rhetoric, Bing Overseas Studies and Undergraduate Advising and Research. The vice provost’s responsibilities include broad strategizing and improvement of the undergraduate experience at Stanford.

John Bravman ‘79 M.S. ‘81 Ph.D. ’85 has held the position of vice provost since 1999 and has spent 35 years at Stanford, since he was a freshman in 1975. Bravman announced on April 12 that he would leave Stanford after the end of this school year to become president of Bucknell University in Lewisburg, Pa.

Besides attending Tuesday’s town hall meeting, students may also send their comments and nominations to: VPUE Search, c/o Provost’s Office, MC: 2051 or [email protected] by May 14.

— Ellen Huet