Police blotter

This report covers a selection of incidents from April 22 to April 28 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

A series of bike thefts and medical emergencies occurred during this period. Bike thefts occurred at Trancos, Bldg. 80, Wilbur Hall, Escondido-IV Highrise and Ujamaa.

Thursday, April 22

At 11:43 a.m., an unknown suspect wrote graffiti on the southwest exterior wall of the Braun Music Center.

Friday, April 23

Between 8 p.m. on April 22 and 6 a.m. on April 23, an unknown suspect spray-painted graffiti on the door to KZSU and on a Memorial Auditorium sign.

Between 2 a.m. and 2:05 a.m., an unknown suspect stole a victim’s unattended backpack from the front lobby of Old Union. The victim was securing the building at the time of the theft.

At 6 a.m. at Meyer Library, an arrestee was transported to the main jail and booked for being in possession of stolen property.

At 7 a.m. at Stanford Avenue and Junipero Serra, the Dept. of Public Safety assisted in responding to a non-injury, vehicle-vs.-vehicle collision.

At 7:30 a.m. on the footpath between Herrin Labs and the Oval, an unknown suspect wrote words and phrases on a trash can, light pole, picnic table, utilities corner and on the paved footpath.

At 8 a.m. at 1604 Mariani Dr. in Sunnyvale, a reporting party requested assistance from the Dept. of Public Safety in obtaining information on a University phone number that was used in conjunction with a criminal investigation.

Between 2:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. at Hoover Tower, someone noticed his wallet was missing after he had participated in a tour and believed it had been “lifted” off him. Everyone deals with budget cuts differently.

Between 6:10 p.m. and 6:15 p.m., a small fire accidentally started inside a kitchenette located on the first floor of Storey.

Saturday, April 24

At 12:45 a.m. on the corner of Santa Teresa Street and Duena Street, an arrestee was
cited and released on an outstanding warrant out of San Jose State University.

At 12:55 a.m., an unknown suspect got onto a victim’s bike and rode off while the victim was taking pictures in the Main Quad.

At 1:05 a.m. on the corner of Campus Drive and Escondido Road, an arrestee was transported to the main jail and booked for public intoxication.

Between 9 p.m. on April 23 and 3:13 a.m. on April 24, an unknown suspect damaged three windows of the Asian American Activities Center.

At 4:37 a.m. on the corner of Palm Drive and Campus Drive, an arrestee was transported to the San Jose main jail and booked for driving under the influence.

Between 11:50 a.m. and 11:55 a.m., an unknown suspect stole a victim’s wallet from inside the administration building of Lagunita Court.

Between 8:15 p.m. and 8:45 p.m., an unknown suspect entered a victim’s unlocked dormitory room in Wilbur Hall and stole personal property, including a laptop and a PlayStation console.

Between 10 p.m. and 10:15 p.m. at Soto, two unknown suspects stole a victim’s child bike trailer from his locked bike.

At 10:25 p.m. at Parking Structure 5 on Oak Road, two people were cited and released for being in possession of less than one ounce of marijuana.

Sunday, April 25

At 12 a.m. at Parking Lot 31 at Roble Hall, a victim encountered two suspects inside his vehicle. The suspects stole personal property, including cash. One suspect possibly had a handgun in his pocket.

Between 12:40 a.m. and 1 a.m. at 664 Lomita Ct., an unknown suspect entered a victim’s dorm room and stole a laptop.

At 4:30 a.m. on the corner of Campus Drive and Bonair Siding, an arrestee was transported to the San Jose main jail and booked for driving under the influence.

At 4:50 a.m. at Stern Hall, an arrestee was transported to the main jail and booked for public intoxication.

At 8:50 a.m. at Lagunita Court, an unknown suspect peeped into a women’s shower stall while a woman was taking a shower.

Between 1 p.m. and 9 p.m., an unknown suspect stole money from a victim’s unattended backpack at Stern Hall.
A lost wallet was found and turned into the Dept. of Public Safety. The wallet was booked as found property.

Monday, April 26

Between 12 a.m. on April 23 and 12 a.m. on April 26, an unknown suspect vandalized the interior wall of an elevator car by spray-painting it with yellow paint.

Tuesday, April 27

Between 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m., an unknown suspect vandalized the walls of the men’s and women’s first-floor restrooms at Bldg. 160 by using a black and silver marker.

At 2:10 p.m. on the corner of Campus Drive East and Escondido Road, an arrestee was cited and released for driving unlicensed and for being in possession of marijuana while driving.

Wednesday, April 28

At 11:15 a.m. on the corner of Via Ortega and Via Pueblo, a person was cited and released for driving unlicensed.