Senate attendance released

ASSU Undergraduate Senate Chair Varun Sivaram ’11 on Tuesday released attendance records for the body’s elected students, whose terms are set to close within weeks.

Two of 15 senators, juniors Shelley Gao and Dean Young, clocked in perfect attendance through 25 meetings, with Gao reporting to Tuesday night meetings via Skype during fall quarter, when she was off campus at Stanford in Washington.

Daniel Limon ’12 attended 12 meetings, twice late; he was on a leave of absence during fall quarter and disqualified as a senator in a Constitutional Council case in February.

Kelsei Wharton ’12, the incoming ASSU vice president, was late to 11 of 25 meetings, and absent from two. Adam Creasman ’11 was late 10 times and absent three. Michael Cruz ’12, recently re-elected, was late to nine meetings, as was Zachary Johnson ’10, who was absent from three.

Sivaram was recorded present at 22 meetings, late once.

The Senate bylaws say that if a senator misses three meetings in a quarter, “a bill for expulsion must be presented to the [Undergraduate Senate] at the meeting(s) following the third absence.” The records did not include meeting dates; the Senate held its 29th meeting on Tuesday, according to its agenda.

The Senate passed a bill on Tuesday prohibiting senators from leaving campus for a significant amount of time — for example, to go abroad or take a leave of absence.

— Elizabeth Titus