BRIEF: Men’s golf finishes seventh at U.S. Intercollegiate

At this week’s U.S. Intercollegiate Championship, which was held on April 11-13 at Stanford Golf Course, the Cardinal took seventh place out of 20 teams. Oregon won the event with a one-under team score of 839, followed by San Diego State with a score of 842 and Washington with a score of 843.

Stanford finished 14 strokes behind the Ducks, with a 13-over score of 853.

Sophomore David Chung was the top performer for the Cardinal, finishing in sixth place with a three-under final score of 207. He finished five strokes behind the tournament’s top player, Daniel Miernicki of Oregon.

Junior Steve Ziegler also played well, shooting a final-round 65 to pull himself up to 11th place.

Other top performers for the Cardinal included freshmen Andre De Decker and Andrew Yun and senior Jordan Cox.

Every Pac-10 team except for Arizona participated in the Intercollegiate Championship. Top performers included Oregon State in fourth place, UCLA and USC, who tied for fifth place, and Arizona State, who finished in 10th place.

The next event for Stanford will be the Pac-10 Championships at Karsten Course in Tempe, Ariz. The event will be hosted by Arizona State and will take place on April 26-28.

Kabir Sawhney is currently a desk editor for the News section. He served as the Managing Editor of Sports last volume.