Twitter holding first dev conference

Twitter will be hosting its first developer conference this week in San Francisco. The event–called Chirp–will begin with a conference at the Palace of Fine Arts on April 14th and will be followed by a 24-hour Hack Day at Fort Mason.

Chirp marks an important milestone in the company’s growth. For the first time, Twitter execs will speak out to the community about their roadmap and plans to monetize. The conference will also feature panels with Twitter team members and venture capitalists as well as a presentation about the new @anywhere framework.

The second day of the conference–Hack Day–will offer a chance for the Twitter-verse to gather and mingle as they code the night away. In a nod to small developers, Hack Day will conclude with an App Showcase. From Chirp’s website:

“The Showcase will feature demos of select products and a panel to discuss the opportunities explored by these budding projects. The only rules: projects must be less than one years old, must have less than one million dollars in funding…”

Stay tuned for more coverage of the announcements and innovations as they come out.