iPad Apps Go Live

iPad Apps Go Live

As the release date for the WiFi version of Apple’s highly anticipated iPad fast approaches, a lot of buzz has resonated around in the tech world. Although the iPad won’t be available until April 3rd, Apple has already launched its new iPad app store on iTunes along with some exciting new apps. These apps are likely to be a huge sell for the iPad, considering its need to form a new niche that lies somewhere between the realm of smartphone and netbook. Two especially important apps revealed today are the new Netflix and ABC Player apps. These two free apps mark another step forward for the world of mobile entertainment by allowing users of Netflix’s streaming and ABC’s online player to move away from their computers towards the even more mobile platform of the iPad. This will become especially important after the release of the 3G+WiFi iPad as it will allow users to watch their favorite shows and movies anywhere for free (with a Netflix subscription). ABC’s large library of online tv shows will be available for free to watch from the app and will be ad supported just like the computer version of the site. Similarly, the Netflix app will make Netflix’s Watch Instantly Queue available to the app users and free them from the ties of their computers and network connected media devices. Rumors have even surfaced that Hulu may be coming out with an app of its own but it will most likely be based on a subscription model.

Stay tuned; as we get closer to Saturday’s release, we’ll likely be seeing more and more iPad news.

iPad Apps Go Live