The daily roundup: reflecting on WBC and more

Friday's 'Stanford United' gathering. (ARNAV MOUDGIL/Staff photographer)

WBC | Wrapping up Friday’s “Stanford United” gathering brings all comers in today’s issue. Videos of the scene outside Hillel (including a capella group Talisman’s performance) and the Westboro demonstrators are available in our new multimedia section, courtesy of the organizers and The Daily’s Arnav Mougdil, respectively. Our colleagues in Features present one student’s running diary of the morning. In a guest op-ed, Rev. Geoff Browning thanks WBC for stopping by.

Special fees | In student government, the Appropriations Committee of the Undergraduate Senate, whose leaders have been working to reduce special fees spending, met Sunday and revised next year’s funding policies. Chair Anton Zietsman ’12 said the policies will be up for approval by the Senate on Tuesday night.

BustedAdam Savage of television’s “Mythbusters” delighted in a talk last night at Dinkelspiel. “As far as what he was talking about, he talks about having an eclectic group of interest and I guess I resonated with that,” said Michael Gummelt ’11.

Palo Alto Jeffrey Owen Smith has plead no contest to a series of 2008 robberies that may have led to the resignation of former Palo Alto Police Chief Lynne Johnson, the San Jose Mercury News reported.

Noted | Devin Banerjee ’11, former editor in chief of The Daily, has been named the 2010 Daniel Pearl Memorial Journalism intern.

Have feedback on our new Web site? Leave us a comment.

Contact the Daily newsroom at [email protected].