Meyer Library demolition scheduled to start Feb. 4

Construction on the Meyer Library site redevelopment should finish by the end of this year, according to a recent Land, Buildings & Real Estate (LBRE) presentation. The redevelopment includes Meyer’s demolition and the site’s landscaping, and will be completed this December.

Construction crews are currently completing the interior demolition. Exterior demolition work is slated to start Feb. 4 and will last approximately 40 days.

East Campus residents should expect increased noise and dust as the exterior demolition begins. Construction crews will work on the demolition from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Following the completion of the demolition in mid-March, work will begin on landscaping the site. Bike traffic and parking may be disrupted during the redevelopment project.

Despite the impact of the demolition work, students are looking forward to the project’s completion.

“I am interested in watching the demolition,” said John Ribeiro-Broomhead ’17. “I’m excited for the park.”

Contact Michael Gioia at mgioia2 ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Michael Gioia was Managing Editor of Opinions from Vol. 250-251; he also previously led the News division. He is from Plano, Texas and studied History and Modern Languages at Stanford. When Michael is not working for The Daily, he can generally be found reading or drinking coffee.