Stanford revises proposed changes to Marguerite routes

Stanford’s Parking & Transportation Services (P&TS) has revised proposed changes for its Marguerite shuttle lines after receiving more than 290 comments from the campus community on an earlier proposal.

The latest proposal would affect Marguerite routes Line A, Line B, Line C, Medical Center Loop (MC) and Midnight Express. P&TS would implement these changes, if made, early in 2011.

(FILE PHOTO/The Stanford Daily)

The proposal includes combining current portions of Line A and Line C. The new route would be Line C and would travel between Stanford West and Escondido Village, with stops including Pasteur Drive and Serra Mall.

The proposal would rename Line B Clockwise to Line B1 and rename Line B Counter-Clockwise to Line B2. The route would begin and end at the Palo Alto Transit Center and circle campus via the Alumni Center or the Medical Center and Tresidder. It eliminates service to Pasteur Drive, Blake Wilbur Drive, and Welch Road due to lane closures and construction, which are expected to last from spring 2011 to fall 2012.

The proposal would reverse the direction of the current Medical Center Loop due to lane closures on Welch Road, expected to last until fall 2012. Aside from the Medical Center, destinations include Parking Structure 5 and the newly opened Li Ka Shing Center.

Finally, proposed revisions would expand the Midnight Express service to travel in both directions, with one direction to be M1 and one to be M2. The route would be condensed, going from the Oval to the Palo Alto Transit Center instead of Quarry Road.

P&TS is currently accepting comments and suggestions on the proposed changes through its online question form or by e-mail at [email protected]. The comment period will last through Nov. 21.