Read our newspaper or website? Impressed with what students have done? Want The Daily to keep you in touch with the Farm in the years to come?
Help Us Grow
Despite the current economic climate, we know that we can’t afford to let growth opportunities pass us by. Help keep The Daily a daily! Even a dollar helps!
What’s so great about The Daily, anyway?
We provide quality journalism.
The Stanford Daily is an award-winning publication with a strong campus presence:
- we’re the #1 campus publication
- we’re independent of the university
- we”re a non-profit organization
- we print daily
- over 80% of the student body reads the Daily daily
- we’ve been around for 119 years
- we focus on Stanford community issues that no other paper covers (campus news and events, opinions)
We teach future reporters and editors.
Our mission is both to inform and educate. So many of our resources are devoted to making The Stanford Daily a place to develop students’ interests and skills in story writing.
- The Daily is all-student written and edited (supporting over 100 writers)
- we host educational programs and seminars that support writing and editing
- we send representatives to national conferences on journalism
- our Daily Fellows program for writers mentors newcomers and offers seminars, guiding new writers through their careers at The Daily
- we encourage passion for journalism through scholarships and internships
We build community.
We also boast a much stronger off-campus presence than many other campus newspapers.
- we distribute to over 100 locations off-campus
- local high school students are encouraged to participate in both our reporting and business summer internship programs