Board of Directors

Calendar | Materials and Minutes | Directors |

Calendar

The Stanford Daily Board of Directors meets monthly during the academic year and holds an annual retreat. Meetings, held at The Daily office unless otherwise indicated, are open to the public. Please email coo@stanforddaily.com in advance of your attendance.

Materials and Minutes

The agenda for each Board meeting (and corresponding materials) are posted approximately a week in advance of each meeting. Meeting minutes can be found at the beginning of the packet for the subsequent meeting.

Directors

The Daily Board of Directors is a nine-person body. Five current students or recent graduates (the editor in chief, chief operating officer, vice president of sales, editorial staffer at large and student at large) serve in addition to four professionals. The four professional positions are faculty director, business director, journalism director and legal director. A Board chair is elected annually. The sales chair is currently unfilled.

Ann Grimes, faculty/staff director

Ann Grimes is a professor in Communications, and Associate Director for the Brown Institute of Media Innovation in the School of Engineering.

Rich Jaroslovsky, journalism director/board chair

Rich Jaroslovsky is a technology and political journalist based in the Bay Area. He’s a former Daily editor in chief who later became White House correspondent and national political editor of The Wall Street Journal, launched and ran WSJ.com as its first managing editor, and oversaw Bloomberg’s global political and economic coverage. He also founded and was first president of the Online News Association, and is a former chairman of the Stanford Alumni Association.

Benedict Y. Hur, legal director

Ben Hur is a partner at Keker & Van Nest LLP in San Francisco. Ben received a B.A. and M.A. from Stanford, while serving as a sports editor at The Daily, and received his J.D. from Harvard Law School. Ben litigates intellectual property and commercial disputes for companies ranging from start-ups to established corporations and holds experience in white collar criminal and securities litigation. He is chair of the San Francisco Ethics Commission and Board Vice President and Executive Committee member for Bay Area Community Resources.

Mary Liz McCurdy, business director

Mary Liz McCurdy is a Business Development Manager for Google Play. She previously served as COO and VP of Sales at The Daily.

Kevin Zhang, chief operating officer

Kevin Zhang currently serves as the COO of The Daily, having previously served as a sales associate at The Daily.

coo@stanforddaily.com

Kylie Jue, editorial staffer-at-large

Kylie Jue is a junior majoring in computer science and English. She currently serves as the Executive Editor.

Andrew Vogeley, president and editor in chief

Andrew Vogeley is a junior from Houston, Texas. and currently serves as President and Editor in Chief of The Daily.

eic@stanforddaily.com

Lucy Svoboda, student at large

Lucy Svoboda is a senior majoring in Public Policy.

Directors | Calendar | Materials and Minutes |