Board of Directors

Calendar | Materials and Minutes | Directors |

Calendar

The Stanford Daily Board of Directors meets monthly during the academic year and holds an annual retreat. Meetings, held at The Daily office unless otherwise indicated, are open to the public. Please email coo@stanforddaily.com in advance of your attendance.

Daily Board Calendar, 2012-2013

Materials and Minutes

The agenda for each Board meeting (and corresponding materials) are posted approximately a week in advance of each meeting. Meeting minutes can be found at the beginning of the packet for the subsequent meeting.

Stanford Daily Board August 2012

Stanford Daily Board September 2012

Stanford Daily Board Retreat October 2012

Stanford Daily Board November 2012

Stanford Daily Board January 2013

Stanford Daily Board February 2013

Stanford Daily Board April 2013

Directors

The Daily Board of Directors is a nine-person body. Five current students or recent graduates (the editor in chief, chief operating officer, vice president of sales, editorial staffer at large and student at large) serve in addition to four professionals. The four professional positions are faculty director, business director, journalism director and legal director. A Board chair is elected annually. The sales chair is currently unfilled.

Yassamin Ansari, student at large

yansari@stanford.edu

Miles Bennett-Smith, chief operating officer

Miles Bennett-Smith graduated in 2013 with a degree in American Studies and is the Chief Operating Officer for The Stanford Daily. A native of Penryn, Calif., Miles has previously worked at The Daily as the editor in chief in addition to writing for his hometown paper, The Sacramento Bee. Miles was awarded the 2011 Julius Jacobs Award “demonstrating journalistic talent and contributions to The Stanford Daily.” He enjoys playing the violin and all sports.

coo@stanforddaily.com

Theodore L. Glasser, faculty/staff director

Ted Glasser is a professor in the Department of Communication.  For 14 years he directed Stanford’s Graduate Program in Journalism. In 2002-2003 he served as president of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication. He is currently a faculty mentor for Stanford in Government’s fellowship program, a member of the program committee of the John S. Knight Fellowships program for mid-career journalists, and a member of the Faculty Senate’s Committee on Undergraduate Admission and Financial Aid.

glasser@stanford.edu

Benedict Y. Hur, legal director

Ben Hur is a partner at Keker & Van Nest LLP in San Francisco. Ben received a B.A. and M.A. from Stanford, while serving as a sports editor at The Daily, and received his J.D. from Harvard Law School. Ben litigates intellectual property and commercial disputes for companies ranging from start-ups to established corporations and holds experience in white collar criminal and securities litigation. He is chair of the San Francisco Ethics Commission and Board Vice President and Executive Committee member for Bay Area Community Resources.

bhur@kvn.com

Rich Jaroslovsky, journalism director/board chair

Rich Jaroslovsky is a columnist at Bloomberg News in San Francisco. He’s a former Daily editor in chief who later became White House correspondent and national political editor of The Wall Street Journal, launched and ran WSJ.com as its first managing editor, and oversaw Bloomberg’s global political and economic coverage. He also founded and was first president of the Online News Association, and is a former chairman of the Stanford Alumni Association.

rjaroslovsky@bloomberg.net

Michael Londgren, business director

Michael Londgren is currently Vice President, Product Marketing at DocuSign, Inc. He has also held positions with Adobe Systems, Apple, Inc., Marakon and BoardVantage. Londgren led the financial turnaround of the $1M Stanford Daily and managed all business operations during his time at the Farm.

michaellondgren@yahoo.com

Jana Persky, editorial staffer at large

Jana Persky is a sophomore from New Canaan, Conn. Jana represents the editorial staff on The Daily’s Board of Directors.

jpersky@stanford.edu

George Chen, president and editor in chief

George is a junior and currently serves as President and Editor in Chief of The Daily.

eic@stanforddaily.com

Directors | Calendar | Materials and Minutes |