By the numbers: Stanford vs. UCLA

Stanford football increased its winning streak over UCLA to ten games in emphatic fashion as the Cardinal downed the Bruins 58-34 on Saturday night. Here are a few of the notable statistics from the game:

1148: Total yards of offense in the game. Both defenses struggled to slow down the opposition, with the Bruins doing their damage through the air with 480 passing yards and Stanford getting most of its production on the ground, gaining 405 rushing yards as a team. Despite holding the Bruins to a season-low of 34 points on Saturday, UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen had the second-best game of his career yardage-wise.

By the numbers: Stanford vs. UCLA
Junior running back Bryce Love (above) set a career high in rushing yards (263) and carries (30) in the 58-34 win over UCLA on Saturday.(SYLER PERALTA-RAMOS/The Stanford Daily)

30: Carries for junior running back Bryce Love, his largest-ever workload in a game by far. He had 30 carries in the USC and San Diego State games combined.

263: Rushing yards for Bryce Love. He definitely took advantage of his increased number of touches and averaged 8.8 yards per carry. Love now leads the FBS in rushing yards.

3: Rushing touchdowns for junior running back Cameron Scarlett, his second three-touchdown performance this season.

58: Points for Stanford, its highest total in a conference game since beating Cal 63-13 in 2013. The Cardinal had 35 points come from the ground.

7: Quarterback hurries from the Stanford defense on Saturday. The Cardinal defensive front, despite only sacking Rosen once, pressured him the whole game and never let him get too comfortable in the pocket.

4: Turnovers for UCLA, its highest total of the season. Rosen had two passes intercepted in this game, which doubled his interception total for the season.

514: Stanford yards gained on drives K.J. Costello led the offense. The sophomore quarterback took commanding control of the offense after junior Keller Chryst went out with an injury in the first quarter. “The way he took control of that huddle was pretty cool,” senior tight end Dalton Schultz said after the game.

Contact Sam Curry at curry ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Sam Curry '20 is a sophomore desk editor for The Daily. Most of the time, people can find him cheering for all of the teams they probably hate, like the New England Patriots and the New York Yankees. Sam is a proud native of Big Timber, Montana, where he enjoys the great outdoors with his family and friends.