Police Blotter: April 4 – 10

This report covers a selection of incidents from April 4 to April 10 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety (SUDPS) bulletin.

Wednesday, April 5

• At 4:10 p.m., someone was cited and released for driving on a suspended license on Stanford Avenue near the 1700 block.

Thursday, April 6

• At 8:30 a.m., a driver collided with a bollard in a hit-and-run collision on Panama Mall near the 300 block.
  • Between 8 p.m. on April 5 and 10:15 a.m. on April 6, a U-locked bike that was locked to itself was stolen from the bike rack outside of Wilbur Hall.
  • Between 9:30 and 10 a.m., someone stole debit cards that were accidentally left in the women’s restroom in the faculty building of the Graduate School of Business and used them to spend approximately $945 on the Internet.

Friday, April 7

• At 7:05 p.m., a driver was cited and released for driving on a suspended license on Page Mill Road near Hanover Street.
  • At 10:30 p.m., someone was sexually assaulted while walking on the sidewalk of Escondido Road. The suspect, who groped a woman after approaching her from behind, was described as a bald, white, 5-foot-6 male wearing a blue jacket and beige pants.
  • At 10:55 p.m., someone was sexually assaulted while jogging on the sidewalk of Escondido Road. The suspect groped a woman from behind before running away and was described as a bald, white, short male wearing a dark tracksuit.

Sunday, April 9

• At 12:29 p.m., two bikes collided on Escondido Mall near the 500 block.

Monday, April 10

• At 12:45 p.m., two bikes collided on Campus Drive near Escondido Road.
  • Between 2:30 p.m. on April 7 and 10 a.m. on April 10, someone trampled and destroyed the begonias that were recently planted in the Oval, causing about $1,500 worth of damage to the vegetation.

There were no alcohol transports reported between April 4 and April 10 as recorded in the SUDPS bulletin.

Contact Sophie Regan at sregan20 ‘at’ stanford.edu.