Women’s gymnastics ready to take on top Pac-12 talent for senior night

Stanford women’s gymnastics (6-6, 3-2 Pac-12) will take on No. 10 Oregon State (6-2, 2-2) on Friday in its last home meet of the regular season.

On Friday, the team will honor its graduating seniors: Rachel Daum, Danielle McNair, Nicolette McNair and Haley Spector. The seniors have made a large impact this season as the team has steadily progressed and scored higher point totals.

Last time out against Arizona State, Daum and both McNair sisters tied for first place on beam with matching scores of 9.850. The scores helped Stanford reach a season-high 49.125 on the apparatus and clinch the 195.775-195.200 victory in the meet.

While the seniors have provided experience in the lineup, the Cardinal freshmen have impressed so far this season and contributed consistently to each rotation. Kaylee Cole has hit 19-of-22 routines this season, functioning as an important competitor on vault and floor.

Aleeza Yu has competed bars in every meet this season, hitting all of her routines. Yu has also placed in the top three on vault in three of seven meets this year. Ashley Tai has been a standout on vault, where she earned the first individual event victory of her career last week at Arizona State with her score of 9.825.

Stanford hopes to build on its momentum from last week’s win to compete with the ranked Oregon State team. Friday’s meet will begin at 6 p.m. in Maples Pavilion. The meet will also be available on Pac-12 Networks.

Contact Laura Anderson at lauraand ‘at’ stanford.edu.