Police Blotter: Jan. 1 – Jan. 16

This report covers a selection of incidents from Jan. 9 to Jan. 16 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety (SUDPS) bulletin.

Tuesday, Jan. 10

• Between Dec. 23 and Jan. 10, someone has been receiving threatening voicemail messages.

Wednesday, Jan. 11

• At 10:26 a.m., someone was cited and released for misuse of a disabled placard near Munger Graduate Residences.
  • At 4:48 p.m., someone was cited and released for misuse of a disabled placard on Lomita Drive at Campus Drive.
  • At 8:50 p.m., a driver was cited and released for driving without a license on Campus Drive near Bowdoin Street.
  • Between midnight and 1 p.m., an unknown suspect used black grease to draw what appeared to be a swastika on the outer wall on the Rains Complex in Hacienda Commons.

Thursday, Jan. 12

• Between 6:15 and 9:50 a.m., a cable-locked bike was stolen from the bike racks at the sunken diamond.
  • At 6:30 p.m., someone made threatening remarks to someone else at the Delta Delta Delta sorority house.
  • Between 1:30 and 10:30 p.m., an unknown suspect stole an “A” parking permit from the windshield of a car in the Quarry South Parking Lot.

Friday, Jan. 13

• Between 5:30 and 5:35 p.m., an unknown suspect stole an unlocked scooter from the Arrillaga Dining Center.
  • Between 9 p.m. Jan. 13 and 8:15 a.m. Jan. 14, an unlocked bike was stolen from the sidewalk outside Sterling Quad.

Saturday, Jan. 14

• At 2:28 a.m., a car collided with a fixed object on Raimundo Street near Tolman Street.

Sunday, Jan. 15

• Between 2 and 9:30 a.m. an unknown suspect gained entry in the Sigma Nu fraternity house and stole longboards and packages that were located in the common area.
  • At 4:30 a.m., an unknown suspect was seen at the Kappa Alpha fraternity opening a dormitory door before fleeing. Several items, including currency, were stolen from four different rooms.

Monday, Jan. 16

• Between 9:30 and 10:30 a.m., an unlocked bike was stolen from the bike rack outside of the Rains Complex.
  • Between 11:25 and 11:45 a.m., an unlocked bike was stolen from the bike rack outside of the Arrillaga Recreation Center.
  • At 8:25 p.m., someone was cited and released for providing a false driver’s license to a police officer on Santa Teresa Street near Lomita Drive.

Contact Sophie Regan at sregan20 ‘at’ stanford.edu.