Lacrosse looks to extend win streak against Fresno State, UC Davis

Stanford lacrosse (10-2, 5-0 MPSF) will travel to take on Fresno State (4-8, 1-5) on Friday before hosting UC Davis (5-5, 3-2) on Sunday, in the hopes of preserving its undefeated MPSF record and extending its win streak to six games.

Junior attacker Kelsey Murray (21) and junior attacker Elizabeth Cusick (1)
Junior attacker Kelsey Murray (right) leads the team with 30 goals in 12 games and has scored 5 apiece in the past two. The Cardinal attack, which scores nearly 14 goals a game, is the 10th-best scoring offense in the country. (RAHIM ULLAH/The Stanford Daily)

The Cardinal have had a strong season so far, performing well both in and out of conference. The offense is currently led by Kelsey Murray, who paces the squad with 30 goals this season. The junior scored five goals in each of the last two games, while also leading the team in assists. Despite having to play without star-player Lucy Dikeou over the past few weeks, the team has not lost a game, barring the one in which Dikeou was injured.

Overall this season, Stanford has played a remarkably efficient game, nearly doubling its opponents’ scores in most victories with its nearly 14 goals per game. The Cardinal have also particularly excelled on draw controls, notching 14.58 per game, good for second in the country. Defensively, goalie Allie DaCar has posted strong numbers and currently leads the MPSF with a .515 save percentage.

The Bulldogs, for their part, have seen mixed results this season. Stanford holds the series record, having defeated Fresno State all eight times the teams have seen one another. The Aggies, on the other hand, are coming off a devastating 15-3 loss to Oregon, though they still sit above the Ducks in the MPSF rankings.

Stanford will take on the Fresno State Bulldogs on Friday, April 15, at 5 p.m and will host the UC Davis Aggies on Sunday, April 17 at noon. Follow along on Twitter @StanfordWLax.

Contact Olivia Hummer at [email protected].

Olivia Hummer '17 is a managing editor of The Daily's sports section and writes about volleyball, football and baseball. When she's not filling in as an emergency copy editor, she can be found curled up in a ball bemoaning the misfortunes of her beloved Seattle Mariners or cursing the misuse of the Stanford Athletics logo. Olivia is a senior majoring in history from Covina, California, and can be reached at ohummer 'at' stanford.edu.