GSB evacuated after reported bomb threat

Aug. 14, 2015, 11:16 a.m.
The Graduate School of Business was evacuated early this morning in response to a bomb threat. (Courtesy of Colleen McCallion)

A bomb threat was reported at Stanford’s Graduate School of Business (GSB) building at approximately 10:50 a.m on Friday. The complex was evacuated shortly after.

After a complete investigation of the Knight Management Center complex by approximately 5:30 p.m., officers from the Stanford University Department of Public Safety (SUDPS) and the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office determined that there was no threat and approved all buildings for occupancy.

Areas bound by Campus Drive, Arguello Way and Serra Street have reopened and have returned to normal operation.

Earlier around 2 p.m. at the halfway point of the investigation, impacted employees were allowed back into the cleared buildings to retrieve their belongings and to enter the GSB parking structure for their cars. The incident impacted 700 faculty and staff members but did not disrupt any classes, as none were in session at this time.

All other areas of the Stanford campus remained open during the evacuation, and normal business operations continued.

Updates were posted at http://emergency.stanford.edu/, and students can call 650-725-5555 to reach an emergency hotline.

Contact Jeremy Quach at jquach ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Jeremy Quach is a sophomore Desk Editor for the Student Groups beat and is from Kansas City, Kansas. He can often be found smiling, stuffing his face full of french fries, and mumbling Beatles lyrics to himself. He can be contacted at jquach ‘at’ stanford.edu.