Police Blotter: April 14 – 20

This report covers a selection of incidents from April 14 to April 20 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety (SUDPS) bulletin.

Tuesday, April 14:

• An individual was repeatedly harassed by an unknown suspect who called from a blocked number and left sexually explicit voicemails between 1:30 p.m. Monday and 9:26 a.m. Tuesday.
  • An unknown suspect attempted to pry open the screen of a kitchen window and gain entry into an Escondido Village II residence sometime between 10 p.m. and midnight.

Wednesday, April 15:

No incidents were reported for this day.

Thursday, April 16:

• An individual’s reportedly cable locked bike was stolen from a bike rack outside of the Skilling Building sometime between 8:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
  • A small gas valve broke while a PG&E crew was working on a gas line near Manzanita Dining Commons at 2:52 p.m. PG&E turned off the gas, and an SU alert was sent out when the area was deemed safe.

Friday, April 17:

• A Campus Security Authority informed SUDPS that a female student was reportedly sexually assaulted in her residence hall by a Stanford student known to her. The incident occurred sometime between April 4 and April 5.
  • A noise complaint was reported for Hurlburt House at 11 p.m. The noise was turned down and the party was moved inside upon contact.

Saturday, April 18:

•  An individual was arrested for grand theft, possession of drug paraphernalia and prowling near Mudd Chemistry Building and transported to the San Jose Main Jail. The incident occurred sometime between 8:45 a.m. and 9:15 a.m.
  •  An individual’s reportedly unlocked bike was stolen from in front of Kappa Alpha Theta house sometime between 12:45 a.m. and 10 a.m.
  •  A reportedly cable-locked bike was stolen from a bike rack outside of the sunken diamond field sometime between 6 p.m. Friday and 9 p.m. Saturday.

Sunday, April 19:

•  An individual’s reportedly cable-locked bike was stolen from a bike rack in front of Donner sometime between 3 p.m. Friday and 7 p.m. Sunday.
  •  An individual was cited and released for being under the influence of a controlled substance and for being in possession of drug paraphernalia at 7:14 p.m. near Campus Drive and Stock Farm Road.

Monday, April 20:

• An unknown suspect stole the front wheel, seat and carbon fiber seat post from an individual’s reportedly U-locked bike outside of Munger Building Two sometime between midnight and 7:45 a.m.
  •  An individual was cited and released for being in possession of a false ID and for biking with both ears covered by earbuds at 8:20 a.m. near Arguello Way and Bowdoin Ln.
  •  An individual’s reportedly unlocked bike was stolen from in front of the Anderson House sometime between 7 p.m. Sunday and 9 a.m. Monday.
  •  A parked and locked golf cart was stolen from the Elliot Program Center sometime between 5 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Monday.
  •  An individual was cited and release for resisting, delaying or obstructing a peace officer and for running a stop sign at 5:55 p.m. near Santa Teresa St. and Samuel Morris Way.

According to the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin, two alcohol transports were reported for the seven-day period between April 14 and April 20.

Contact Sam Premutico at samprem ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Sam Premutico ’18 is a staff writer covering University and local news. A freshman from Brooklyn, New York, Sam has a wide range of academic interests, including biology and philosophy. When not in class or writing for The Daily, Sam enjoys solving crossword puzzles and playing for the Stanford Men’s Squash team. To contact Sam, email him at samprem ‘at’ stanford.edu.